Guacamole is pureed avocado to which is added peppers, onions, garlic and lemon juice. It is a staple of the colourful Mexican cuisine. The avocado is an excellent source of folic acid. Rich in enzymes, it helps digest fatty foods.
4 to 6 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 well ripened avocado
- 1 tbsp miso diluted in 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 pinch chilli pepper or 2 to 4 drops Tabasco® sauce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the stone and scoop out the avocado into a mixing bowl.
- Add the miso diluted with the lemon juice and puree.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the mayonnaise, and mix.
- Add lemon juice to taste and according to the size of the avocado.
- Pour the mixture into a serving bowl and top it with a thin layer of mayonnaise to prevent the avocado mixture from changing colour. Mix the mayonnaise in at serving time.
Tips and tricks
Guacamole can be served as an entrée or as an hors-d’oeuvre, a dip with fresh vegetables, or on toast or crackers, or in a pita bread with diced tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts and lettuce.