Marinade for Exquisite Tofu
- 4 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp miso
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack (1 lb / 454 g) of medium firm tofu cut in 1 cm slices
- In a large bowl, combine the wine with the miso. Add the honey, ginger and garlic.
- While combining the ingredients, pour the oil in a steady stream.
- Marinate the tofu in the sauce, in the refrigerator, for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and begin cooking the tofu, adding the rest of the marinade. Cook the tofu on one side for 4 – 5 minutes, turn it over, cover the pan and cook for another 4 – 5 minutes. Serve hot with vegetables.
Tips and tricks
Fish, poultry or meat may be used in place of tofu.